Saturday, December 31, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Hi everyone!! I have been off work this week and taking a break from everything including blogging! I have been spending some time in my craft room but not as much as I thought I might. It has been nice spending my days with my boyfriend who is on break from school.

But I do have a small project to share with you that I made for my mom for Christmas. She has so much crafty stuff it has become hard to remember what she does and doesn't have! But even if your supply list is small this is a great idea for anyone to have. I made her a new craft index!

I used Bo Bunny's Gabrielle line. I knew I wanted to do something for my mom with this line. She loves butterflies. I purchased large index cards on a spiral. I got the large ones so you have more room to write. I covered the front with one of the papers and cut out the large butterfly from a different one. I used some crepe paper in the upper right corner and cut out another edge swirl to layer over top. I used a Stampin Up set with a white acrylic paint dauber to get the white swirly circles on the left and right sides. I added some dot paper on the bottom and a Bo Bunny sticker layered with more paper. I love the saying since scrapbooking is all about color and friends! Used some small Bo Bunny alpha stickers and you are done! My mom can add tabs at the bottom once she decides how many sections she wants and how big they need to be.

Every crafter should have this with you when you go to the store or to a big convention. Don't buy what you already have! You can list inks (even stamp a little image in the ink so you know what color it is), die cuts, paper packs, punches, markers or anything else you need to keep track of! I have a big one for at home but I {try to remember to} take this with me when I go shopping or to conventions.

And I have to share my Christmas tree this year. It is a small one that was my grandmothers. Every year my mom and I get each other at least 1 ornament so it is really full! And now my boyfriend gets me an ornament each year as well.



He was doing his best impression of the reindeer on my ornament :)

Hopefully I will get some projects actually DONE today and be able to post more this weekend before its back to work Tuesday.

~Liz

1 comment:

callyannc said...

What a super cool idea! So pretty too! CallyAnn
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...