Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Scrapbook Ministry

Hi everyone! No new projects today.... I just wanted to share some new information though!


I live in the Northeast Ohio area and have been fortunate to find a wonderful group of ladies who also scrapbook! My friend Joan started the group through her church and we call it Scrapbook Ministry. I think that puts some people off, but its not a super religious group or anything. We just hold our monthly crops at a church, in the youth center. We have a group on facebook. Go here to "Like" us!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scrapbook-Ministry/125911364108351?ref=sgm


We started 3-ish years ago with about 10 ladies... we now have an email distribution list of over 80 ladies and continue to grow! We hold a monthly crop on a Saturday from 9am-4pm with 1 or 2 optional additional classes. The cost to come is just $1 for your space! This goes towards food since breakfast and lunch are included for your $1!!! Can't beat that anywhere! Twice a year (in March and October) we hold weekend crops. There are many more optional classes offered, including some free classes. Those are all day Friday (8am - midnight) and longer on Saturday (8am-6pm)


I hold a class every month of a 2 page 12x12 layout for $5. The theme is always different and I try to teach something new in each class. I have a club called, Liz's Layout Ladies (the name was choosen by the members not me! lol) which are ladies who have commited to purchase my class kit every month. I do this in 5 month groups. At the end of your "term" I give a special gift. The benefit of being a member is that you are guaranteed a kit for that month, even if you can't make it to the crop. I hold them for up to 3 months.

Starting in November, I am going to hold a challenge on the facebook page. It might be a theme challenge, a certain kind of emblishment to use, color combination or all kinds of other things! To enter you will have be a fan of the scrapbook ministry on facebook and upload you picture to the gallery there. I will post the challenge here as well, but to enter you must do it on facebook. Each challenge will run for a month and will have some sort of prize/gift for a random winner.


So, if you are stopping by and happen to live in the area, comment with your email address and I will get you added to the distribution list.


Here are some pictures of layout classes I have done in the past
 Best Friends - August 2009 - Page 1

 Best Friends - August 2009 - Page 1 moveable piece

 Best Friends - August 2009 - Page 2

Summer - June 2010

 Family - July 2010 - page 1

 Family - July 2010 - page 2

Party - August 2010

Key to my Heart - September 2010

Happy Scraping!!!
~Liz

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...