Thursday, June 28, 2012

Just A' Scrappin' - First Design Team Challenge!

MY FIRST DESIGN TEAM PROJECT!!

Can you tell I am a bit excited? hehe

Over at Just A Scrappin' they are having a new challenge this week:

WEDDING

The challenge runs for a week so I hope you will join us this week :)

 I have a wedding to attend later this year that the color is purple. I had a scrap of this purple rose paper from a previous layout that immediately came to mind. Pretty sure it is really old DCWV paper.

I wanted to something a little non-traditional wedding (which fits the couple) so I did a card made from acrylic instead of cardstock. I found this great vellum quote from Quick Quotes that I layered behind another piece of the pattern paper and made a frame to go around it. Added some flowers, pearl pen dots, twine and glue butterflies covered with purple glitter.

 
I love the way the butterflies show through to the inside of the card. When doing an acrylic card, you have to cover everything you did from the back to the front. So I cut more purple squares for the inside. I decorated one side with another piece of pattern paper and the other square to write a message to the couple.

Here is the back of the card. You can still see the butterflies which I love. I added the square to the back to hide the glue holding the inside square on.


I hope you like my card and that you will join us for this great challenge. Remember, every entry for the month gets entered to win some blog candy! Who doesn't love blog candy!?


4 comments:

Katherine said...

Congrats :) Beautiful card....love some purple :)

Katherine said...

Congrats :) Beautiful card....love some purple :)

Carol Ric said...

Very pretty card!

Belinda C said...

Very nice! I love those butterflies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...