Friday, June 29, 2012

Pinwheels!

Hello again! I hope everyone is working on their wedding card for this week's challenge at Just A Scrappin'!

In the mean time, I am still working on birthday cards for my family. I told you I have a big family! LOL

I started at the Anything Goes Challenge Blog where they asked us to create a polka dot birthday. I had purchased some 6x6 paper pads from ScrapAce a couple months back that included an Echo Park dots and stripes pack from their Soda Fountain line. The perfect polka dots!

I wasn't feeling completely inspired just by the paper so I checked out 365 Cards. They do a new challenge everyday! Day 116 was a lovely sketch. And over at Krafty Girls, they are  having a fun in the sun challenge. I love watching pinwheels spin in the sun so I had all the ideas for my card!

 
 Here is a close up of the pinwheels. I used Twinery twine in Buttercream, Caribbean and Maraschino in the middle of the buttons. The stamp is from CTMH. The inside says "I'm just extending the celebration!" So perfect for those belated birthday cards. I think I used this stamp about 5 times this month alone! I still believe better late than never :)

I normally don't blog on the weekends, but I have a lovely family layout that I have been wanting to share all ready for tomorrow! 

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

~Liz

9 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Such a cute card!
Love the colors :)

Karen said...

Adorable card! Love the buttons and the polka dot paper you used! Thanks for playing along at Krafty Girls! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

emma mitchell said...

Love these fabulous pinwheels on this gorgeous spotty card.
Thanks for sharing it with us at anything goes challenge.
Hugs Emma xx

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love these bright pinwheels, many thanks for playing along with us at 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday.

Rose said...

how FUN!!!! love the pinwheels :)
and how you turned the sketch :)

thanks for joining us on 365 cards

Christine L said...

Fabulous dotty creation hon... love those pinwheels......

Thanks for joining in the challenge at Anything Goes.... hope to see you again soon!

Hugs
Christine x

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Those pinwheels are fantastic! I love the polka dot strips as well! Great card! Thanks so much for joining us at Krafty Girls!

Stacey
Krafty Girls DT

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, fun and sunny card. Love the bright polka dots patterned papers and LOVE the pin wheels.
THanks for joining us over at 365cards :)

Lisa said...

Wow, those pinwheels are fabulous! I love the polka dot papers you used!! What a fun, summery card!! Thanks so much for playing along at Krafty Girls :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Krafty Girls DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...