Thursday, July 5, 2012

Manly Birthday Card

Ahh, the manly card. This always seems to be every one's nemesis.I am here to tell you it's not that bad!

When my boyfriend bought a Harley, I knew I had to have this stamp set from Close to My Heart called Born to Ride. And my Uncle whose birthday this month also owns a Harley so this was perfect! If the motorcycle wasn't manly enough, just stay away from bling, flowers and buttons. I don't know why buttons, but my boyfriend always says, why is there a button there? So I avoid buttons on anything I do for him which turns into anything I do for a guy. The phrase is also from Close to My Heart.
I added some twine and dots with my viva pearl pen in black.

The paper is from Echo Park's dots and stripes line. 

The stars are from the same motorcycle set. I stamped them with Versamark on the green. Then I stamped one on a scrap piece of green, cut it out and used a pop dot.

Hope you like the card and this inspires you to do something a little manly for the wonderful men in your life. Check back tomorrow for a simple card :)

~Liz

1 comment:

~ Jo ~ said...

Liz this card is so great for the men in our life! I love the motorcycle and think you did a great job using the twine and stars!

hugs,
Jo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...