Monday, August 13, 2012

Same Card 2 Ways! part 1

Hope everyone is having a good week so far! I am now in Tennessee enjoying some vacation time with my boyfriend and his family.

Sometimes when I make a card, I thought it was so cute/easy/fun I want to make another just like it!
So today, I am going to show you the way I took the same design card and make it for 2 occasions.

I saw the original design in a card magazine from a couple months ago and tucked it away as something I wanted to re-create.
The first one started as a Thank You card. I have been getting requests for these at work lately. The glitter paper is from SEI that I have had forever. The twine is of course from the Twinery, in Charcoal. The sentiment is from a Unity/Jillibean Soup set called Apple Cheddar Soup.

Since I need so many birthday cards, I also wanted to make this into a birthday card. The sentiment I wanted to use, from Close to My Heart, is bigger than the thank you. So I stamped in on another panel and moved the placement. 

I inked the edges of everything with Quick Quotes powder puff ink in Maraschino Cherry.

Remember:

~If you want to see a cute tutorial and enter to win some great Quick Quotes product, check out my first August Guest Designer Post to comment and enter to win!

~Check out Just A Scrappin this week for a great challenge: Celebrate using Pink, White and Blue with pearls or rhinestones. You can see my take on the challenge here 

Lots going on this month! Check back Thursday for another version of same card 2 ways!

~Liz



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...