Thursday, October 14, 2010

Baby Invites and my first entry into a Challenge

I wanted to start posting at least once a week, but because I am so behind on showing you things, I figured I might as well post today too!

On my list of to-do items I have baby shower favors. Well, I had already finished the invites for the shower and sent those out! My friend Erin is due January 1st with her first baby and I am helping throw her a baby shower in November. I couldn't think of a better person to become a mother.

I sent her to splitcoaststampers (my favorite! I could really spend hours on there. They should pay me for advertising! lol) and told her to look at some ideas on there and send them to me. Well she found the cutest pocket baby invite. I tweeked it a little and here is my result

I used 3 different pattern papers from a DCWV stack (from years ago I'm sure) so I could get enough and not have to go buy more paper. The blue is all one piece. I took the 8 1/2 x 11 paper and cut it in half in portrait instead of landscape which is the traditional card size. I folded it in half then folded down the top 1 inch. then glued the side and you have a pocket! The giraffe is from the cricut cart everyday paper dolls and the diaper pins are from new arrival. There is a tag inside the pocket that I just cut a rectangle, rounded the corners and added some ribbon for easy pulling. Behind the tag I printed a sheet with directions to the shower for the guests.

I really love the way these turned out and my friend loved them too (added bonus! lol)

So while I was catching up on reading the other blogs I follow, I noticed at Craft Your Days Away they are doing a baby challenge. So I figured why not enter them for the random drawing :) This will be the first time I have participated in a challenge, but I see myself becoming addicted quickly!

So, I hope you like the invites. Maybe by next week I will have the favors done too :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are lovely baby shower invited Liz.

Thank you for joining us over at CYDA for our 'Babies' challenge.

Hugs

Joanne xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...