Thursday, August 4, 2011

Christmas in July a little late!

I wanted to post this for Christmas in July but work and home life seem to have kept me busy!

In December every year, the crop I attend does a Christmas party. You bring a gift (it doesn't have to be crafty) and they draw names to exchange gifts. Last year I got a cookie in a jar gift. They were so yummy! For my gift, I make some cute little mangents, threw in some stickers and made this tag from Tim Holtz's 12 tags of Christmas. You can see his tag here. I knew I was going to love this tag so I made 2. One for myself that I still have. I have no idea what to do with it, but I love it too much to give away.

 


 

I trired to follow as close to Tim's tag as I could and I just LOVE the way it came out. The large brad in the middle of the rosette and the rub on are from Quick Quotes. The stamp is Stampin Up!'s french script. The words were cut from Blackletter and covered in crystal laquer. The silvery stuff behind the rosette was actually a small $1 wire christmas tree that I cut some branches off. I loved that it was on wire so I could shape it to how I needed it. I think the rest of the stuff was all stuff in my stash (and by my stash, I mean my moms LOL Thanks again mom for letting me use your room to supply  my habit)

Hope this gave you some inspiration to start working on those Christmas projects that we will be running out of time to finish sooner than you think!

I am trying to get motivated to work more on a Christmas advent calendar I am teaching at our weekend crop in October and I think posting out this tag was just the thing! Sketching ideas to work on tonight when I get home :)

~Liz

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...