Monday, December 12, 2011

Gift Card Holders 2011 - Round 2

As promised here are some more gift card holders with another one of my favorites!


I love baker's twine. It is the perfect accent when ribbon is just too much or too girly. I have seen similar twine covered items in magazine and other blogs and knew I wanted to try this out. Funny how both of my favorites this year use the Stampin Up ornament punch!


I punched my ornament from red (above) or green (below) cardstock. The color choices are so that if the edges don't quite get covered it would blend with the background. I ran it through my (or should I say my mom's lol) xyron FACE UP. It really didnt matter for this shape but for other shapes it would. I needed the top to be sticky.


I don't know how others have done this, but I started at the outside and worked my way in. I figured it would be harder to try to figure out where the center was to start. I just took my twine and started at the bottom point and using my fingers and occasionally some tweezers just kept going in circles. I did take a little bit of time but I LOVE the end result and will definitely be doing this again. Maybe in an upcoming class? Hmmm......
:)

I also love this ribbon folding technique I saw on Tim Holtz blog way back when. You have seen me use it on other projects if you have been following me all year.


 Some of the DCWV paper is so pretty all I had to do was add stickles! The one in the upper right is a perfect example :)


The law office I work at has a heavy Jewish population so we make sure to include some Jewish gift card holders every year as well. I really liked the way these turned out this year.

Still some more to go so check back tomorrow for more goodies! And see what lovely frame my mom made for the handmade Christmas gift from the crop party!

~Liz


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...