Saturday, January 14, 2012

2 Page Layout

Hello again!

Today I am showing you the final project I created for the Quick Quotes Design Team Application. I already created a card and a project so I knew I had to do a layout!

I found this sketch from sketchsavvy from back in May of 2010. It is amazing how sketches can last the test of time. I knew I wanted something with clean lines and I just thought this was perfect. 

I went through my Quick Quotes stash and  pulled out my Patsy's Paradise line. The colors and phrases were perfect for my trip last summer to a place in Ohio called Put-in-Bay. Then I went through my Quotes binder and saw that I had some die cut sheets from this paper line as well. Even better! So I found some quotes to go with my papers and got to work.


I didn't really give the page a title since I know this won't be the first page in the album for this trip. I inked everything in Tahiti Quick Quotes ink.

 I added some pearls to the center of this flower to make it a little more interesting. I also wrapped some baker's twine around the cream ribbon.


As soon as I saw this Flip Flop Vellum I knew I had to use it. I was in flip flops all weekend but the only picture of my feet is on this layout. I added some more of the twine on the tags.

The quote that runs along the bottom of the page and this square came from the same sheet of paper. I cut a slit above and below the phrase so I could slide my heart behind it. I added another tag with twine for my last quote. 

I am also entering this in UnstampaBelles Challenge: Anything goes & No Stamps (entry 2 of 3) and
Anything Goes Challenge Blog: Anything goes (entry 2 of 2)

Well I hope you enjoyed my Design Team application. I had a great time making these items. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I get picked!

~Liz

6 comments:

Merry said...

I really like your layout and your post is terrific. The way you explain all the pieces you have added. Very inspiring for a non scrapbooker like me. :-) Thanks for joining in at Unstampabelles.

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...

Great layout ;-) Nice to see a scrapbook layout entered in our UnstampaBelles Challenge.

Gaynor said...

Very sweet, love this layout, thanks for sharing with us at Anything Goes challenge, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

Steph said...

Love the layout and especially the little tags! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

Monica said...

Such an interesting layout. What I liked best was how you used baker's twine around ribbon.
Thanks for joining us at UnstampaBelles this month.

Monica

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

WOW! So pretty!! Love all the details! Thanks for sharing over at Unstampabelles!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...