Thursday, January 12, 2012

Un-Traditional Valentine's Card

Hi again!

I created 3 projects for the Quick Quotes Design Team Application that is due on 1/15/11. I hope some of you are applying too. They are such a great company to work for!

Now that I have sent in my application, I want to share with you the projects I made.

The first thing I made was a Valentine's Card for my boyfriend. Since he is a guy, of course he isn't all into pink and hearts and girly things. When I was at the Mini Meet in Toledo last November, I saw this embellishment sheet from My Mind's Eye > Lost and Found 2 > Breeze > Dream and I thought this would make a cute card for him. Since the main colors are boyish colors it worked perfectly. So then I also bought the 6x6 coordinating paper pack. Here is what I came up with




 I loved the papers so much I made a large square card instead of the traditional A2. I inked everything in QQ Blue Hawaiian. I used my Tim Holtz Stamp set Artful Things to add writing to the lined paper and the heart. I know I said my boyfriend wasn't all into pink and hearts but I couldn't do a Valentine's card without a heart on it!! Then I added some stickles to the heart and one of the banners (also from My Mind's Eye)



Here is the inside of the card. This saying is a corner of one of the papers from the pack. Again I inked everything in QQ Blue Hawaiian. I added a border stamp from CTMH That is actually from a Halloween stamp set. And I still have room to write a personal note below.

Come back tomorrow to see the crafty index I made for myself. You can see the one I made for my mom here.

I am also entering this in The Paper Players Challenge: All You Need is Love

~Liz

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi Liz,
Great work here. Your BF will love it. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players.
Lesley

Nance Leedy said...

He will love all the work you put into this one and especially the sentiment on the inside! Tee hee! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...