Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Travel Book

When I posted all about the Scrapbook Ministry here I mentioned in March and October we do big weekend crops. I wanted to share the 8x8 Travel theme album I did as a (2 1/2 hour) class for this last one in October. The class was not sold out so I still have some extras. I am working on setting up an esty.com shop and plan on selling the rest of my kits as finished products for $30 with tons of extras left over once the album is done. The pattern paper is from a (I think discontinued) DCWV travel stack. The solid papers I purchased at a local paper store. The emblisments are from lots of different places and most from bag sales of discontinued product. I used the street signs, tags bags boxes and more, and graphically speaking carts from cricut. (there may be a couple more I used but I have to check my notes at home lol)

Here are the pages


I didn't decorate the cover on this abum so that you could personalize it to the specific place you went to. It is an SEI album. The first page is what I called a vacation calendar in class. There are 5 tags in the pocket for you to journal what you did on the days of your vacation. You can add more tags or use less of them depending on how long your vacation was.

Page 2 and 3 come with a die cut of both a car and an airplane. Use one or both depending on how you traveled during or on the way to your vacation.

Page 4 and 5 I planned to use for all my tickets during the trip. Plane tickets, theme park tickets, mini golf or movie tickets. Both pages are pockets behind the red "admit one" line of tickets.

Page 6 and 7 will be custom to you as well. There is a US map and a world map for you to choose from. I am using my album for a trip to Florida so I used the US map and placed my star in Florida where I was visiting. You can do the same.

Page 8 and 9 look simple but are a lot of fun to put together. Page 9 is created from different size papers glued together to create a 8x8 page. This helps you see more of your paper and not "waste" it behind other patterns. I did this a lot for this album.

 Page 10 and 11. In class I had everyone do the all over stamping and cutting and inking shown on page 11. I will complete this part for the rest of the albums. This was one of the favorites in class.

Page 12 and 13. The teal road signs can be used for journaling or small pictures. There is a large chipboard arrow behind the "scenic route" phrase that adds some dimension to the page.

Page 14 and 15 The flags on page 14 are created from the stampin up! scallop square folded in half to make a triangle and glued with a toothpick in the middle. They spell "travel". Page 15 is a collage of vintage rubons and vintage stamps.

Page 16 and 17 I used 2 of the 8x8 white sheets that come in all the page protectors in an album.

Page 18 and 19 The rust paper squares on these two pages I had the students cut apart in class based on a chart I gave them. They are all cut from one 11x8 1/2 piece of paper. This will be done for you in the finished album.

Page 20 this last page I thought looked like some luggage tags hanging down. Great for lots of journaling or some pictures on the way home.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...