Thursday, December 13, 2012

Shape Card with Just a Scrappin

Welcome back!

This weeks challenge with Just A Scrappin is to 

Make a card that is not square or rectangle!!

Here is my take:
I adore the way this turned out. A perfect card for my boyfriend's grandma if you ask me :)

Here is how I did it:

I cut a bell from the Teresa Collins December 25 Cricut Cart (I believe it was about 4inches) and taped it to the top edge of a folded piece of cardstock the color I wanted my card base to be. Make sure you let some of the top of the design hang off to keep part of the fold intact. This is what will hold your front and back together!


Trace around and take the "template" (the blue piece) off.

Cut on the lines making sure to leave a little piece of the folded edge of your card intact
And that it! Super simple!

Here is what it looks like open

Then just decorate as you want :)
I used the Teresa Collins December 25 cartridge again for all of the cuts on the front of the card. I added some silver stickles on the Joy to give it more interest. There are also red stickles on the holly berries.
The bottom of the bell is Melisa Frances silver glass glitter. Its super chunky and I love it!

Then I just put a simple stamp on the inside.

I hope you join us this week! I would love to see your take on this great challenge at Just A Scrappin!!


~Liz

2 comments:

Michelle N. said...

I absolutely ADORE this card-I just ordered this cart, now I'm glad I did!

Unknown said...

This is adorable!

Robin
MCCR DT sis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...